We hope you are keeping safe and well during in this confusing and stressful time.
Working arrangements during COVID -19
Although we are not able to meet face to face during Covid-19, our helpline (0203 045 5976) remains open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
We are also happy to receive your emails: [email protected]
A member of the Bexley IASS team will respond within 3 working days.
We have moved to a blended approach to working and offer virtual training & workshops.
Please refer to the following information and advice for children, young people and parents/carers with SEND:
The Bexley Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)
Bexley IASS will continue to offer information to parents and young people who need information regarding education, health and social care issues.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0203 045 5976
The Bexley Local Offer
The Bexley Local Offer service will continue to offer information by telephone and email.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0203 045 5677
Please click the link below to visit the dedicated Local Offer coronavirus page providing information, advice and support including easy read guides.
NATIONAL ORGANISATIONS THAT OFFER SUPPORT
Please refer to the relevant organisation’s website for updated information on services available during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Kooth.com provides free online mental health & wellbeing support for young people aged 11-25.
BEAT is a charity which provides support for eating disorders.
Contact runs a national SEND helpline – their helpline number is 0808 808 3555
SPECIAL NEEDS JUNGLE:
IPSEA – (Independent Parent Special Education Advice):
IPSEA offers free and independent information, advice and support to parents of children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.
THE CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR FOUNDATION:
NOT FINE IN SCHOOL:
COVID 19 UPDATES AND GUIDANCE
Updates from UK Government regarding SEN provision and Tribunal during Covid-19 outbreak.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- What parents / carers needs to know about Early Years, Schools & Post 16 providers: April 2021
- Protective measures for after school clubs and other out of school settings
Updates from the Council For Disabled Children
- CDC answer questions and share information on Covid 19
Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing due to Covid-19
- Looking after your Mental Health: Every Mind Matters
- Healthwatch CYP Signposting Directory Dec 2020
- Young minds: Covid & mental health
IPSEA updates on Covid 19 and SEN provision
CONTACT’s guide to getting your clinically-vulnerable-child vaccinated CONTACT: CEV
Children’s guide to Coronavirus
Easy Read Covid-19 Guide
- What is Covid
- Vaccine Pack Easy Read
- Speaking to your GP about the vaccine: At the GP
- Widget Health Easy Read sheets for all medical & health needs: Patient Easy Read sheets
- Asking for extra support when you have the vaccine: Reasonable adjustments
- Vaccine FAQ’s: Answering your vaccine questions
- How to book your vaccine: NHS booking