Bexley SEND IASS, Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, DA6 7AT

About Bexley IASS

Who Is This
Service For?

At the BEXLEY Information Advice Support Service (IASS) we offer honest, fair and clear information to parents and carers of children & young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

This page will explain what you need to know about your rights and what help and support you can get.

What We Do

  • Advise on getting extra support from your nursery, school or college for your child or young person
  • Provide Information and advice about requesting an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment and Plan
  • Provide Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunals.
  • Provide a straightforward explanation of educational procedures
  • Provide information on Personal Budgets
  • Support on exclusions
  • Provide information about SEND transport and assistance
  • Individual casework, representation and support in preparing for and attending meetings.

We Will Not...

How We Do It...

  • We will ensure you have someone impartial to talk to in confidence
  • We aim to respond to your enquiry within 3 working days
  • Help you to express your views and resolve issues
  • Assist with paperwork, such as filling in forms and writing letters.
  • We will maintain information provided on a secure and confidential database
  • Provide telephone advice and information
  • Meet with you, if required
  • Attend meetings with you, if needed
  • Maintain confidentiality, in accordance with local safeguarding procedures

The new minimum standards for Information Advice and Support Services (IASS) were released in September 2018:

These standards were drawn up by local authorities, IAS Services, other local support services, children, young people and parents/carers in consultation with the DfE. They are based on the law and the SEND Code. The consultation process received feedback from IAS Services, LA staff, third sector organisations, health services and parents.

Skip to content